Straight, symmetrical teeth are important in today’s world of high expectations when it comes to your smile. And straight, symmetrical pearly whites are more likely to provide you with a healthier mouth, which in turn is more likely to provide you with better overall health.
Deciding to straighten your teeth used to mean you had to wear braces or a retainer. Invisalign aligners are now prescribed more often because they are more effective and provide you with more comfort than traditional braces and retainers.
Dentists know the hottest trend in the world of dentistry in recent years has been Invisalign treatments. This is a method of straightening the teeth that rivals traditional metal braces in both effectiveness and comfort. Instead of inserting a metal bracket into a patient’s mouth, the dentist will insert clear, removable aligners that come in the shape of a mold. Each mold is custom-made to fit the individual patient’s mouth, and it works to straighten the teeth just like traditional braces do. In regards to the benefits of Invisalign, dentists explain why this method of teeth-straightening continues to be one of the most popular in the United States.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Invisalign offers patients a dual benefit in that it is more comfortable and more aesthetically pleasing when compared to metal braces.
- It is also much easier to work with, as it can be removed with ease ( unlike metal braces that need to be tightened with wires). The straightening process actually requires the aligner to be removed every two weeks, as a new aligner will need to be inserted at these intervals until the procedure is complete.
- Invisalign tends to be most popular among adult patients, as they don’t need to worry about their physical appearance; it is often difficult to tell that the aligner is in place. The amount of force that is applied by Invisalign is much less than traditional braces, which reduces the discomfort that is often associated with the latter. Likewise, patients don’t need to worry about getting food lodged in their mouth, as they can simply remove the aligner when eating and drinking.
For a free consultation with Dr. Gabriel, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information on Invisalign, please visit: www.Invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Gabriel’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Gabriel has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Gabriel about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.